Donor Bill of Rights
At Michael Garron Hospital Foundation we believe the tradition of caring and sharing is primary to the quality of life of our community. To ensure that our donors have full confidence that their act of philanthropy is handled with the utmost trust and respect, we declare that all donors and prospective donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization tends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The Michael Garron Hospital Foundation complies with all legislative requirements with respect to privacy. The Foundation does not trade, rent or sell any personal information. The Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of its employees, volunteers, donors, potential supporters and other stakeholders. The Foundation values the trust of those with whom we deal, and of the public, and recognizes that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that you choose to share with us. We thank you for allowing us to mail this information to you. If you would prefer to not receive calls, information or mailings, please feel free to contact the Foundation's Privacy Officer at 416-469-6003 to have your name removed from our list.