Third Party Fundraising Events
Thank you for your interest in raising funds to support Michael Garron Hospital. At MGH the words “Above all, we care” are more than just our motto, they form the foundation of everything we do. Your association helps us to build on this and achieve our mission. On behalf of the patients, families, staff and physicians that benefit from your support and goodwill, we thank you.
Every event, big or small, makes a big difference in the lives of our patients. Each year we have a number of special events so that we can raise funds to help support the Hospital’s priority needs. Many of these events are hosted by individuals or organizations who want to make a special contribution to their community hospital. Community events are a great way for an individual, group or organization to raise money to support Michael Garron Hospital Foundation.
Special events are the responsibility of the third party but we are available for questions and guidance. Please contact Kyla Tymchen if you have any questions about hosting a third party event.
Below we have outlined some guidelines to help make your fundraising experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
GUIDELINES AND HELPFUL TIPS
- Please fill out a Third Party Fundraising Event application form and submit to the MGH Foundation 825 Coxwell Ave, Toronto, ON M4C 3E7.
- Form a committee to help you plan your event
- Plan well ahead to give yourself time to reach your goals
- Be sure you have chosen the right event for your audience and the time availability of your group
- Set your budget. If you are doing a large event with many attendees you may need to open a bank account.
- Schedule the event
- Promote your event – in certain cases The Foundation may be able to help with this
- Collect the funds – we ask that all funds be forwarded to The Foundation within 90 days of your event. Please allow four weeks from that date for tax receipt to be issued (see information regarding receipting, some proceeds from your event are non-receiptable.)
- Thank you, thank you – please acknowledge everyone who participated in or supported your event and let them know how much you appreciate their help. They would also be proud to hear how much money was raised.
HOW MGH CAN HELP MAKE YOUR EVENT A SUCCESS
MGH Foundation is thrilled that you have chosen to raise funds for Michael Garron Hospital and we are excited to be able to help you in planning your event. Your time and effort will benefit patient care at MGH and you are an important part of our fundraising team.
The MGH Foundation can provide the following assistance once your event has been approved:
- Event listing on our website
- Additional promotion of event by The Foundation will be discussed on a per event basis
- As appropriate, a MGH representative may be available to attend your event
- Issue tax receipts as applicable – please see our tax receipting guidelines
- MGH promotional materials for your event – quantities to be discussed on a per event basis
- Approval of the MGH Foundation name/logo on promotional materials
- Letter of support validating the authenticity of the event for one year
The MGH Foundation is unable to provide the following:
- Funding or reimbursement for event expenses
- Mail/e-mail lists such as donor lists and hospital staff lists
- Guaranteed attendance of staff or volunteers at your event
- Application for gaming licenses – e.g. raffles, lotteries
- Prizes, auction items, awards
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Names and logos are registered trademarks; all materials using them must have Foundation approval
- Money raised must be received within 90 days of the event
- Tax receipt information must be received within 90 days of the event (please see tax receipting guidelines for more information). The volunteer host agrees to adhere to all receipting policies.
- The Host is responsible for all permits, licenses and insurance
- The Host and Foundation agree to all terms outlined in the signed event contract